We use search engines such as Google, Yahoo, or Bing to search for anything, anytime, anywhere. And our platform www.worldartcommunity.com also has a new and improved search functionality which enables users to search out products more easily, while using multiple keywords and phrases. Getting found on the first page of a search engine’s results is an art and a science. It is something that’s described as ‘organic search presence’ and is achieved by leveraging basic principles and techniques that enable something to be found in Search.
If your WorldArtCommunity Store is optimised for Search , it can enable you to be found easily by consumers on the WorldArtCommunity website which in turn would lead to higher traffic to your store and hence better chances of product engagement and sales.
Read on for our simple steps that will enable you to increase your chances of being found in our search engine results.
Search Engines are hungry for Great Content
Because Search Engines love unique content — they use it to identify and to determine what a web page is about. And then they match a page to a search query – in the form of a word or a phrase. You can create great content around your WorldArtCommunity store by doing the following:
- Create unique and strong product titles that describe and clearly differentiate your product. Put yourself in the shoes of your customer. Think about the keywords that they would use to search for your product and include them in your product titles.
- If you are stocking similar products, make sure that each product is differentiated by a unique title. For example, if you have two pairs of silver earrings, featuring slightly different patterns, don’t call them just “silver earrings”; instead, add details, such as “Pure Silver Earrings with Peacock Motif” and “Pure Silver Earrings with Flower Motif”
- Use each product’s attributes carefully such as raw material, shape, craft form, colour, finish or size to create a descriptive title. Keep it simple. If you’re unsure what people are searching for, Google’s keyword research tool can help you find out. Take a look at how this WAC store called Little Spells describes their products so well here and as a result has become popular in a very short time.
- Flesh out the detailed description of each item. Here you can use less obvious terms to describe your store items and expand upon your product titles.
Take a look at the way Urban Pattang has described their Chidiya Ka Ghosla (Set of 3)in detail. The trick however is to keep it simple and basic and not use too many words and phrases.
- Complete your About Shop page. Tell the story of your craft and your store. This will tell the search engine all about your shop and enable it to drive traffic to you when a similar keyword is searched for. Take a look at our artistic partner Vaishali Art Cart’s store here where customers have clearly been told what products they can expect to find in the store.
Get Linked ! Get Social !
Creating links of any sort – be they big or small, are useful in improving your page rankings and visibility. Here are some simple tips to help you create page links :
- If you have a blog or website or Facebook page, then do certainly link to your WAC store and products / listings wherever possible. We love the way songsofsummer.com links up to their WAC store here directly from the home page of their website.
- Social media is a great way to showcase your store information and products. Using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and Google+ will tell search engines about your products or that customers are talking about your store. It also allows anyone to share your product links in their own social networks. Take a look at how we’re also featured extensively on the Facebook page of our artistic partner Renuz Design shop here, as she links her designs to their product pages on WorldArtCommunity to drive quick sales. This ensures greater reach and ensures their stores always remain popular all the time.
- Similar results are achieved when a seller links their blog to their WAC store.
- If you see that your products have been featured in another blog or a website – ensure that it contains a link to the item. If it doesn’t have a link, contact the website owner to request a link.
- Keep networking. If you know of websites or blogs that are seeking content and guest blog posts, offer to create content on your products or craft techniques for them.
- Never ever get taken in and ‘buy’ a link and do not use spammy techniques such as third-party forum postings or directory listings — they will not work as search engines can see through these unprofessional practices.
Take it Easy
Effort around Search takes time to show results. Be patient. Keep at it. Remember it’s not just you – there are others also using search for themselves and their brands. While search engines respond to new and fresh content, you don’t need to keep making daily updates or changes to your pages. The beauty of Search is that it’s an art and a science. One that we believe to be an extremely powerful tool -that can redefine the success of your business.
We also launched our improved search functionality on www.worldartcommunity.com
We look forward to your feedback on the new website search tool. And on this blog post as well. In case of any queries or support drop as an e mail on email@example.com and we’d be happy to help!